Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Style Spotlight: Courtney Fields

I caught up with Indianapolis fashionista Courtney Fields and talked with her about her personal style. Whenever I see Courtney I'm always left wondering "where did she get that" because her looks are always so unique, edgy and fashionable. See for yourself!


Tell us a little about yourself, who is Courtney Fields?
Courtney Fields is a self-made business woman made up from various things. City Inc (Amanda, Sherena and Courtney) is a professional party hosting business. C.E.N.T (Courtney, Erica, Nicole, Tiffany) which we put on a fashion show this year during the spring and it was a big success. Stay tuned for Vol. 2. Ms. Fields which is the most important on my list. I am an artist; my style is a R&B/Pop type of vibe. All these things are only so successful because of the fan base I have with my fashion and clothing style from going out or just simply my facebook page.

Where do you get your sense of style? Whenever I see you you’re dressed so cute!
Thanks, I have 2 older sisters and a mother and they have always been my sense if style from a young age. Now I just look at a lot of different people from Rihanna, Kate Moss, Cassie, Misha Barton, Amber Rose, Kim Kardashian and Gwen Steffani just to name a few. I love to look at regular people wear, especially females just out and about at the mall or in magazines.


Where’s your favorite place to shop?
Well I do a lot of local shopping especially boutiques Catwalk, Niche, and of course Forever 21, H&M is my favorite, and Bebe. Although I’m definitely more of an online shopper from sites like Topshop, Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, Pink Ice and Shopstyle just to name a few or I will check out up and coming designers and support them like Laquin Smith.

Usually I will get an idea in my mind and go to Google and just type it in and see what comes up. I must admit I do a lot of random throwing things together as well!!

I see you mix a lot of vintage pieces into your wardrobe, where do you find them?
I do a lot of vintage thrift store shopping because I don’t like to look like everyone else so I mix new with old. Usually I hit up Broad ripple thrifts and places as simple as Goodwill. Also my grandmother used to have a vintage thrift store so I borrow things from her time to time!!


What do you think of the fashion scene here?
I think the fashion scene here has come a long way and I’d have to give credit to Fly Won, City Inc, Jane and Tiffany Fields for getting people to not want to be so Clothes Minded. Not saying there aren’t others that do a great job but these ladies don’t just take the look off the manikin.

Sometimes people say “Ohh Courtney only you could pull that off”. Well that’s not necessarily true I’m just bold enough to do it. Sometimes I feel unsure about a outfit that I put together because it’s not just a display outfit it’s the most random pieces ever but I walk around with my head high and you couldn’t tell me otherwise.

Your sisters are always really cute too; do you all fight over clothes?
Lol Haha No, even though we are all very stylish we still have different style. Nicole is very sophisticated, Tiffany and I are the most alike but she’ll be like you should wear this just because it looks like me. Amanda is more settle but very cute at the same time and I’m extra and that’s why I’m me!

                            Courtney and her sisters Amanda and Tiffany

Before you go, I have to ask about a rumor I keep hearing. Are you creating a clothing line? Can you tell us a little about it?
Yes, my sisters and I created Juice Mami (coming soon). We actually premiered some of our looks at C.E.N.T. fashion show in spring and we have gotten a lot of positive feed back form people. Juice Mami is urban with a slap of high fashion. Right now our look is very Futuristic Jetson with the shoulder pads but we will also have a more soft cocktail/ party dress line as well.

If you're interested in seeing more of Courtney you can follow her at MsCFields

*pics courtesy of Courtney Fields

Live..Life..Fabulously  T Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment